E-mail problems.

From: <>
Date: Tue Feb 14 11:11:07 -0500 2006

Apparently I've been having e-mail problems since last Tuesday (7
February), and didn't notice it until today (14 February). This
explains why some of you haven't received any replies, either from me
directly or from the turn-in software.

Given the importance of e-mail to the assignment and its absence over
the past week, I'm extending the deadline for the second assignment
one week, to next Tuesday, 21 February.

With the one-week extension the second assignment now overlaps with
the third assignment, which will be available today. Given the
overlap, I'm also extending the deadline for the third assignment by
a week, from 28 February to 7 March; that is, you will now have three
weeks instead of two to do the third assignment (note that the last
three days of the assignment, 5-7 March, correspond to the first
three days of Spring Break).

Of course, the extended third assignment now overlaps one week with the fourth
assignment. However, the fourth assignment is already three weeks
long (from 28 February to 21 March) and the dates for the fourth
assignment will remain unchanged.

In summary:

  assignment 2
    was due on Tuesday, 14 February, at 5:30 p.m.
    is due on Tuesday, 21 February, at 5:30 p.m.

  assignment 3
    is available on Tuesday, 14 February
    is still available on Tuesday, 14 February

    was due on Tuesday, 28 February, at 5:30 p.m.
    is now due on Tuesday, 7 March, at 5:30 p.m.

  assignment 4
    no changes to either the availability or due dates.

The syllabus and assignment 2 pages have been updated; I'll also go
over it in class tonight after the test. Let me know if you have any
questions.